The days are getting shorter; the air is getting crisp, and the leaves are starting to change color. Fall is here! For many of us, that means it’s time to break out sweaters, scarves, and boots. But how can we stay warm without looking like a mummy?Here are 5 ways to stay warm this fall without sacrificing style:
1. Layer, layer, layer.
2. Stick to dark colors.
3. Choose fabrics wisely.
5. Add a pop of color.
1. Layer, layer, layer: One of the best ways to stay warm in the fall is to layer your clothing. This way, you can take off layers if you get too warm, and put them back on when you get cold again. You can start with a base layer of a long-sleeved shirt or turtleneck, then add a sweater or jacket on top. If it’s really cold outside, you can also add a coat. And don’t forget a scarf, which can help trap heat.
2. Stick to dark colors: Dark colors absorb more heat than light colors, so wearing darker colors in the fall can help you stay warm. Not to mention, dark colors are also very chic and can be very slimming. So if you want to look good and feel warm, stick to darker colors like black, navy, and gray.
3. Choose fabrics wisely: When it comes to fabrics, you’ll want to choose ones that are good at trapping heat. Wool and cashmere are great choices for fall, as they’re warm and also very stylish. Other good options include cotton and flannel. And if you’re looking for something a little different, you can always go for fur or leather.
4. Accessorize: In addition to clothing, there are lots of other ways to stay warm in the fall. One way is to accessorize with items like hats, gloves, and scarves. These will not only keep you warm, but they can also add a touch of style to your outfit. Another great option is to carry a blanket or shawl with you, which can come in handy if you get cold while you’re out and about.
5. Add a pop of color: And finally, don’t be afraid to add a pop of color to your outfit. Fall is the perfect time to break out those rich, vibrant colors. So if you want to really stand out, add a touch of color with your clothing or accessories. Red, orange, and yellow are all great choices for the fall.
So there you have it, 5 ways to stay warm this fall without looking like a mummy. What are your favorite ways to stay warm in the fall?